Saturday, February 27, 2010

Letter for week 3

Dear Mom,
The answers to your questions, in order, are: (mom's question's are bolded)

Are you staying warm? Do you need a hat or anything?

Mostly. I could use a scarf.

What do you do in data analysis? Will you do that for the whole 2 years? Does your companion go with you, or is he in a different department?

We audit records. In other words, we prepare them for temple work. Most likely. He works in the Church History Library.

What is the greatest thing that has happened since you've been on your mission so far?

Everything is so different, I am still a little shell-shocked.

Hey what did your companions think of the cactus jelly and syrup?

Have not tried it yet (I just got it on Friday).

I know this is a little embarrassing, but... I kinda forgot Dad's email address. There, I said it. Oh, by the way, one of the elders in our apartment moved out! So, in a week we will be getting a new guy in our apartment by the name of Elder McReynolds.

In the next package you send me, could you please send the following items:

  • a picture of an ironwood tree;
  • a scarf;
  • earplugs;
  • a pair of non-denim pants for P-days;
  • and a street map of Salt Lake City.
I would get the last one myself, but I am not allowed to use computers for non-Church-related purposes. I would get in HUGE trouble if I got caught doing that. Don't worry, I would only use it to find a couple of fast-food places I want to try, and yes, I would buy within my budget.

Please and thank you.

Sincerely,

Elder Huston

No comments:

Post a Comment