Friday, June 24, 2011

June 4th letter

Dear Mom,
Mission life is treating me pretty well. The fact that the tweezers were in that aisle would explain why I couldn't find them. As it is, every time I go down that aisle (yes, I have had to go down there for things like shampoo, etc.), I get the BIGGEST case of the willies. (Shudder) Anyway, my medicine is going fine. As for a story...There is one that comes to mind. This is one from way back in the early days of my mission. Well, this elder out here, Elder Talbot (you know, the Phantom Elder) is extremely OCD. I am talking on the level of Adrian Monk here. Everything on his desk is perfectly parallel, perpendicular, and equidistant to everything else. Anyway, his companion at that time, Elder Savage (you might remember him from the day you dropped me off here) would always mess with him by saying, "Crooked, crooked, crooked. Everything is crooked." Well, one night Elder Savage said it when he didn't change anything, so Elder Talbot had to check to make sure that every thing was still organized the way he needs it. So mean, and yet so funny!
Well, I should get going. Lots to do.
Love,
Elder Huston


Dear McKenzie,
I am afraid that every EFY is different (at least, I think it is). The main thing I did at mine was go to some various classes and learn more about the Gospel. My favorite part was the dance (of course). Beyond that, I am afraid I don't know.
Well, I hope this email has been helpful to you. Tell everyone I said hi.
Love,
Elder Huston

No comments:

Post a Comment