Friday, June 24, 2011

May 28th letter

Dear Mom,
I am doing well. Yes, it is finally starting to warm up out here. Yes, I got my package. Thank you!Since you asked, do you think you could send me some tweezers? I have turned Wal-Mart inside-out looking for some. Yes, Monday is a holiday for us. (WOOT-ETH! PAAAAARRRRRRRTTTTYYYYYYY!)So, I plan on mostly catching up on sleep, maybe play a board game or two. By the way, we got a new district leader, which brings up a funny story: Last night, when he did check-ins, he said, "Welcome to the promised land. You are out of the wilderness now. Let Moses take care of you." So, I piped in and said, "Don't worry, I'm already on it."Funny, huh?Oh, yes, fun times out here.
Well, I should get going. There's so much time and so little to do! (Wait, strike that; reverse it)
Love,
Elder Huston



Dear Dad,
I am doing fine. It sounds like you had a good time in Toronto. Ketchup-flavored chips? Really? Anyway, I have a joke for you. Blonde Inventions: Glass hammer; inflatable dartboard; left-handed pencil; clear correction fluid; black highlighter; waterproof tea bags; Braille driving manual (yikes!); dehydrated water; screen door on a submarine; helicopter ejection seat (ouch!); air conditioning for motorcycle; wooden barbecue (amazing one-use only!); glow-in-the-dark sundial; gasoline fire extinguisher; battery-powered battery charger; fake rhinestones; fireproof matches; glow-in-the-dark sunglasses; mesh umbrella; and solar-powered flashlight.
Well, I better get going.
Love,
Elder Huston

No comments:

Post a Comment