Friday, June 24, 2011

May 14th letter

Dear Mom,
As a matter of fact, I do remember my first formal. Man, was that a blast!No, I am not required to wear a suit coat in the summer (except for meetings), so yeah, I'll be getting those dry cleaned pretty soon. If you could possibly send some of that Blast-O-Butter popcorn I love so much, I wouldn't mind. Yes, I got some more socks. My shirts and pants are holding up fine. As for a story...Oh yeah, here's one for you. You see, our apartment has a balcony, and one day Elder Gee (my companion) was out on it. Well, Elder Allred (as a joke) locked him out. Unfortunately, Elder Gee had some eggs boiling, so he needed to be there, fast. So, he decided to jump off of the balcony, so he could run back to the door and get in. Well, Elder Gee miscalculated the landing, so he scraped up his arm fairly badly and tore up his sleeve. Well, everyone learned something that day: Elder Gee learned not to jump off the balcony (or trust Elder Allred to restrain himself from locking him out); I definitely learned some patience; and Elder Allred learned that it is not a good idea to lock a person out of the apartment.
Well, I should get going. Still lots to do today.
Love,
Elder Huston

No comments:

Post a Comment